Mar 7, 2010

Brasco and Betty: Way Before Puppies

The big thing was wondering how Brasco would react.  He had been the only dog, living with my dad, my son and me.  He was 4 years old when we got Betty.  We put her down on the floor and they stared at each other for a while.  Brasco really seemed to like her and Betty was a bouncing baby, so she was all over him.  Brasco watched over her like a mother would.  lol  I was really amazed at his reaction.  We got a bigger box for her to sleep in and he would watch me every night while I put her "in the box."  That became our new saying "in the box" because Brasco knew what that meant.  I would say are you ready to put Betty "in the box"?  He knew she was going to sleep.  Even after all these years, (Betty just turned 7 years old) we can still say "in the box" and Brasco perks his ears up.
 After 3 litters of puppies, we figure Brasco really is ready to put Betty "in the box".

No comments:

Post a Comment